Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
MBTA Program Scheduler
Cambridge, MassachusettsJob ID CS20232601-96269
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: MBTA Program Scheduler
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Job Code: CS20232601-96269
This position is for a Sr. Specialist, Program Scheduler for the L3H’s implementation of the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) Land Mobile Radio system. The Sr. Specialist, Program Scheduler will be working directly for the MBTA Lead PM, Deputy PM and with the program implementation team to ensure all external tasks, internal tasks, and reporting requirements are completed per the contract, PSPC PM Policies and budget. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Primavera program scheduler who has demonstratable experience in managing the schedule of large, Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems or for similar industries such Transit, Telecom, Cellular, Satellite, etc. that include site construction and build out of infrastructure.
A Sr. Specialist, Program Scheduler is considered a subject matter expert in scheduling with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of scheduling practices. A Sr. Specialist, Program Scheduler manages the schedule of large, complex programs of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. A Sr. Specialist, Program Scheduler communicates within and outside of the organization to explain schedule performance, variations, critical path and suggestions for improving the schedule. A Sr. Specialist, Program Scheduler not only understands how to manage schedules but also is an integral part of the team and understands the terminology, logic and steps in implementing large scale, telecom systems (design, produce, install, test, and gain final acceptance).
The Sr. Specialist, Program Scheduler will be responsible for managing the entire program schedule of the MBTA implementation with frequent interaction with the program management team (PMs, System Engineers, Construction Managers, Finance and Contracts) and the external customer. Specific duties include:
- Communication - Day-to-day interaction with the program team.
- Schedule Management - Complete planning and updating of the program schedule in Primavera with resource loading and minimally, weekly schedule updating.
- Schedule Change Management - Track all requests for schedule change, internal and external, in a Schedule Change Management log tracking the day the request is made, whether the request will be implemented, etc. Do so by leading a Schedule Change Management Review (SCMR) with the program team.
- Risk Management – Identifying areas of risk in the schedule, communicating them with the Lead PM and other Program Managers and adjusting the schedule in accordance with their direction.
- Opportunity Management – Likewise, identifying opportunities for schedule improvement, communicating them with the Lead PM an other Program Managers and adjusting the schedule in accordance with their direction.
- Action/Issue Management – Identifying actions and issues from schedule monitoring and communicate them to the Lead PM and other Program Managers for inclusion on the Action/Issue list maintained in MS Project Online.
- KPI Management – Develop schedule metrics to include schedule performance against baselines, executive views for inclusion in customer briefing decks, etc.
- Internal and External Communication Meetings – Lead the discussions on schedule performance, metrics, critical path, risk and opportunities both during internal meetings and external meetings with the customer. Produce quality Program Schedule Review Presentations to the Senior Leadership Team that are timely and accurate, concise and error free. Present information clearly and with confidence.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Primevera scheduling experience and a proven track record of successful schedule management of large scale LMR or similar industries.
- BA degree in Business or Program Management
- PMI-SP (Scheduling Professional) certification or MCTS certification (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient in the use of other MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- PMP certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.