Sr. Specialist, Hardware Configuration Management
Wilmington, MassachusettsJob ID SAS20211304-59622
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Hardware Configuration Management
Job Code: SAS20211304 - 59622
Job Location: Wilmington, MA
Job Description: This position provides hardware configuration management support to multiple programs.
- Analyzes proposed product design changes to determine their effect on the overall system
- Authorizes the release of drawings and changes specified by Engineering
- Establishes baselines
- Designs and establishes configuration management documentation in accordance with established procedures and contractual requirements
- Support program technical, schedule and cost objectives
- Implementation of hardware and system configuration management principles in sustainment and development environments
- Responsible for configuration management and interfacing on a daily basis with the program team
- Perform regular configuration audits on established operational baselines to verify compliance with contract requirements
- Administer existing configuration management toolsets, to include Vault Professional Product Data Management, Autodesk Inventor CAD.
- Prepare Configuration Management Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for proposals
- Coordinate with Project Management, Engineering and Logistics departments to ensure project deliverables meet project delivery dates
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience or Associate’s degree with 10 years prior related experience.
- Existing TS/SCI security clearance or the ability to satisfy requirements for a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Knowledge of EIA-649B or EIA-649C and MIL-STD-973 Configuration Management Principles as they apply to both Hardware and Software
- Understanding of DoD-STD-963 "Data Item Descriptions" and DD Form 1423's including formatting requirements included therein
- Familiarity with CMMI Level 3 requirements
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Understanding of DoD 50101.12-M Procedures for the Acquisition and Management of Technical Data
- Experience with Creo, Inventor, SolidWorks, or similar
- Experience in a fast-paced continuous change integration environment
- Ability to work individually, as a team member, and as a team leader to achieve team objectives
- Expert time management ability and sense of urgency in meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to actively engage with the engineering functions to ensure compliance with configuration management principles, command media or similar, and customer requirements for configuration management
- Experience supporting audits (government, primes)
- Experience reading and understanding Contract Statements of Work and Performance Work Statements
- Experience with relevant tools like Vault Professional PDM, Autodesk Inventor, Agile PDM, Windchill
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.