Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Supervisor, Operations Management / Mfg Engineer
Wilmington, MassachusettsJob ID SAS20220305-81652
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Supervisor, Operations Management / Mfg Engineer
Job Code: SAS20220305-81652
Job Location: Wilmington, MA
The L3Harris Imaging Division in Wilmington, MA is an industry leader in the design and production of space based optical telescopes and payloads for small satellites. This business has produced optical equipment for a wide variety of customers, one of which is NASA. One of these telescopes produced in Wilmington was delivered to NASA, installed on the New Horizons mission, and took the first close up pictures of Pluto (https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/newhorizons/images/index.html). We are looking for a creative, problem-solving Senior Supervisor of Operations management with a manufacutring engineering background to lead a team of technicians that support these development programs from design through delivery while also working one of these programs part time.
- Lead a team of technicians in support of the opto-mechanical and structural assembly across all development programs
- Coordinate with programs to assign work within the group and develop overtime plans when requried
- Execute goal setting and performance reviews with employees, implement development plans for each employee
- Develop and maintain capacity, utilization, and efficiency models by work area, identify gaps and drive improvement to ensure weekly/monthly objectives are achieved
- Develop and maintain skills matrix and training plan, identify staffing needs
- Identify and implement e3 continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency, quality, cycle time/schedule improvements. Develop and leverage standard processes across different development programs
- Implement, track and submit Monthly Operations KPIs in support of the group, provide analysis and recovery plans for any metrics not meeting targets
- Partner with other operations functions, engineering, and programs to drive cross-functional improvement opportunities
- Participate and drive for adequate RCCA for all escapes and critical non-conformances – communicate issues and lessons learned across department, site, and business boundaries as needed
- Coordinate with programs to identify and implement safety improvements, lead safety activities and investigations with the group, drive the identification and reporting of safety concerns, lead implementation of resolution of reported concerns
- Coordinate communication within the group to ensure consistent communication across team members working various different programs. Ensure consistent flow down of business, quality, EH&S, and e3 related information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in with a minimum 6 years prior relevant experience or Associates with minimum 8 years experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years experience. Degrees considered include Engineering, Sciences, business, or related field. Substitution of additional relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Previous leadership experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong communication skills, the ability to communicate with senior management and various engineering/program management departements
- Experience implementing Lean and Six Sigma tools and processes
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.