Lead, Project Engineer
Wilmington, MassachusettsJob ID SAS20210403-57577
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Project Engineer-(Space Systems)-Secret Clearance
Job Code: SAS20210403-57577
Job Location: Wilmington, MA
- Responsible for full lifecycle Project Engineering support for a range of software development integration efforts.
- Primary responsibility for managing customer communications to ensure accurate and timely delivery of products
- Responsible for successfully leading a project team to meet to meet customer requirements within allocated cost and schedule commitments in a growing business area.
- Develops, oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer.
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Assesses engineering issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Identifies, tracks, mitigates, manages, and dispositions program-level risks.
- Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- Participate in small teams and perform a wide variety of tasks
- Must have ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment on quick reaction projects and will have regular contact with customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Experience with best practices for project engineering and program execution
- Experience in managing multi-discipline programs across multiple locations
- Experience in hardware/software integration programs
- Experience managing projects with budgets of $10M+
- Experience with Technical Supplier Management, Risk and Opportunity Management
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is Required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS or TS.SCI is preferred
- Experience with satellite spacecraft is desired
- Experience leading Government Contract development programs
- Active security clearance highly desired
- Experience or knowledge of Government contract acquisition lifecycle a plus
- Experience with management of design to cost activities.
- Experience with program pursuit and proposal activities.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.