Environmental Test Technician -TVAC
Wilmington, MassachusettsJob ID SAS20210104-58996
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Environmental Test Technician
Job Code: SAS20210104-58996
Job Location: Wilmington, MA
This position entails thermal vacuum and environmental testing of space flight sub-assemblies and systems, supporting a 24/7 space flight hardware production operation. Candidate must be able to provide flexible work hours necessary to support Program(s) schedules. The position also involves dynamic, thermal, thermal high vacuum testing and requires the ability to set-up, program and operate thermal vacuum chambers and support equipment.
- Provide support for design, assembly, integration, and testing of aerospace hardware.
- Willing to able work rotating 24/7 shift coverage during testing
- Ability to execute test procedures with appropriate level of documentation.
- Continues to monitor and review in situation test data to determine specification compliance and acceptance criteria.
- Must be detail orientated to accurately perform test set-up to maintain program schedules.
- Must be able to assist multiple functions across the organizational team structure.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- TVAC Experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 5S experience desirable.
- Must be able to move and facilitate test racks and test equipment to support test set-ups in a variety of work environments.
- Experience with handling of ESD sensitive components.
- Experience with optics and space flight hardware.
- Willing and able to work in a cleanroom environment during test configuration and execution.
- Willing to able work overtime, shift work or extended shifts, weekends, or holidays as necessary
- Thermal testing experience
- Experience working on system level space hardware.
- Familiarity with data acquisition monitoring and controls, liquid nitrogen systems, high vacuum chambers and pumping systems, Cryo Pumps, Cryo compressors, Turbo pumps, Roughing Pumps, Pneumatic Gate valves, Cryogenic Systems, Liquid Nitrogen delivery systems, Helium leak checking.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.