Digital Electrical Engineer (New Grad - Wilmington, MA)
Wilmington, MassachusettsJob ID SAS20202807-48437
What makes a successful Intern at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Digital Electrical Engineer (New Grad - Wilmington, MA)
Job Code: SAS20202807-48437
Job Location: Wilmington, MA
- Determine design approaches and parameters
- Perform system analysis to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, and evaluate results
- Perform simulations and present design reviews to peer engineers
- Write scripts to control synthesis and build tools
- Participate with a team of designers in architecting FPGA design solutions.
- Full lifecycle development and integration of VHDL into different families of FPGAs: Requirements definition, design concept, code and simulation, synthesis and place-and-route, verification/validation, and system integration.
- Simulate the FPGA design to verify functionality and performance.
- Support integration and test of the FPGA on the target hardware platform.
- Produce design documentation including requirements documents, specifications, interface control documents, and design review material.
- Prepare and present design reviews at various phases of the design lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Knowledge and/or experience with VHDL, MODEM, DSP, Communication Systems
- Knowledge of FPGA device technologies (resources, structures, features)
- Excellent communication, technical writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Matlab and/or Python
- Familiarity with various computing environments (LINUX/Windows)
- Ability to interpret and understand electronic circuit schematics
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.