Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Program Management
Williamsport, PennsylvaniaJob ID AS20211806-63120
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Location: Williamsport, PA
Job ID: AS20211806-63120
Provides technical and business leadership for development and production programs that require a good understanding of the technical aspects and business operations of the program. Leads cross-functional teams (IPT) and evaluates products for technical correctness and program consistency. Develops and implements methods to achieve cost and schedule reductions, performance enhancements, and new concepts for follow-on future business. Ensures coordination between the division and customers.
- Leads IPT Teams on one or more programs assigned to a product line,
- Manages technical aspects, quality issues, cost, schedule, and associated risks.
- Conducts program reviews and prepares written reports to management or customer on current status and actions necessary for the successful completion of a programs.
- Assures adherence to all terms and specifications of assigned program contracts and to pertinent Facility and government policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Coordinates with manufacturing and engineering operations to achieve program objectives and ensure high quality products are delivered on time and within cost parameters.
- Implements practices that maintain solid program management in the areas of non-recurring engineering, recurring tasks, risk management, and financial control and review including earned value, integrated schedule, and contract compliance.
- Determines and initiates alternate strategies and plans relating to program risks, problems, and opportunities related to schedule, cost, and pricing.
- Advise management on overall program matters as they affect manpower, facilities and financial plans to assure that program requirements are met.
- Monitors the financial status, budgets cost to complete estimates and schedules, in order to prevent, detect, and correct out of program conditions.
- Assists in negotiating quotes and proposals for assigned programs and the timely preparation of follow-on actions.
- Represents Facility in technical and overall management matters with the customer. Travels to customer facilities as required.
- Measures program performance and expenditures and suggests corrective action and cost reduction initiatives when program goals and commitments are in jeopardy.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum Associate Degree with at least 8 years experience in related field
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical discipline preferred
- Eight years’ experience in Aerospace or Defense Industry preferred.
- Five years of experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Knowledge of high-reliability space or defense hardware requirements and RF component design, production, and testing.
- Knowledge of earned value, cost, and schedule management and supplier-related issues and activities.
- Knowledge of regulatory and certifying agency requirements to ensure that products and services are in compliance.
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance
- Ability to listen and respond effectively to customer concerns.
- Ability to lead multi-discipline teams.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Ability to apply analysis skills to problems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.