L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION MACHINIST
JOB LOCATION: WILLIAMSPORT, PA
JOB CODE: AS20201509-50664
Under little or no supervision, sets up and operates all machine shop related tools and equipment. Works from prints or sketches and performs all of the necessary operations using mathematics, machinery, hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Conceives and fabricates necessary tooling required for parts manufactured.
- Responsible for repair and maintenance of jigs and fixtures.
- Responsible for reworking complete tube assemblies and other products.
- Responsible for determining speeds and feeds as well as tooling and cutting characteristics for any and all materials.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of any known operation or process irregularities.
- Maintains equipment for daily use and keep working area safe, clean and orderly.
- Reads, understands, and adheres to Shop Safety Regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of shop mathematics and blue prints reading
- Must have High School Diploma and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.