Manufacturing Technician A - 2nd Shift
Williamsport, PennsylvaniaJob ID AS20211603-58118
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician A - 2nd Shift
Job ID: AS20211603-58118
Job Location: Williamsport, PA
Performs routine testing on majority of vacuum devices in product group. Sets up test station, changing/modifying test set as procedures and instructions indicate. Able to recover failed product with minimal supervision or engineering direction.
Under general supervision, the Tester A may perform all or any of the following tasks:
- Adjust/test vacuum devices to meet requirements of test procedure or written instructions. Monitor and record ongoing testing. Perform final acceptance test procedure and record data on test data sheet.
- Troubleshoot failing or marginal product and adjust as required to bring back into conformance.
- Fitting of tube to go into test kit.
- Maintain records on each vacuum device and update file as necessary.
- Matching and tuning of microwave circuits to achieve desired results.
- Process rework or repair customer returned product. This includes troubleshooting, tube fittings, and all electronic, or electromechanical parts in order to evaluate scheduling.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain work area in clean and orderly manner.
- Follow all security and safety instructions.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance as required.
- Approximately 2 years experience in electrical testing of components using fluke meters, oscilloscopes and network anaylzers or similar experience.
- Experience working with high voltage (5 to 20+ KiloVolts).
- Associate in Electronics or equivalent experience preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.