L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Assembler
Job Code: AS20201401-38973
Job Location: Williamsport, PA
Under general supervision, performs varied tasks to assemble electro-mechanical components of products. Performs precise assembly tasks on components requiring a high degree of hand-to-eye coordination.
- Align parts in relationship to each other by the skillful use of assorted hand tools and visual judgment. Assemble several interrelated sub-assemblies per print and instructions. This operation involves intricate fittings and adjustment to close tolerances.
- Accurately measure assembly specifications, (electrical and mechanical), with special instruments such as oscilloscopes, sweepers, microscopes, etc.
- Inspect components visually or with the aid of a microscope for proper assembly, welds, concentricity, burrs, foreign objects, etc. Make corrections as necessary and prescribed.
- Work from intricate assembly drawings including prints and assembly instructions.
- General spot welding (resistance, TIG, and Laser).
- Follow supervisor’s directives regarding securing parts and training other assemblers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 or more years related experience preferred.
- Ablility to read and follow bill of materials, detailed prints and assembly instructions preferred.
- Ability to use measuring equipment preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.