Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Flight Data Technician
Whiteley, United KingdomJob ID IMS20223003-79705
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Flight Data Technician
Job Location: UK – Whiteley - Hampshire
Job Code: IMS20223003-79705
About the role:
A Flight Data Technician will use aviation technical documentation to be able to process raw, recorded flight data into the appropriate engineering units. Knowledge of aircraft systems and data recording is required to validate this configuration work and to become a subject matter expert in the team. Data analysis skills are required when performing readouts from Flight Data Recorders (FDR), Cockpit Voice Recorders (CVR) and other data sources.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Perform FDR, CVR and DLR readouts using the Express Readout tool
- Development of new Logical Frame Layout (LFL) documents such as transcoding manufacturer Dataframe documentation into the Flight Data Connect format
- Supporting customers during the configuration and setup of their Flight Data Monitoring program
- Version control of LFLs and releasing updated versions to the system
- Assist staff to process and convert FDR data in different formats, including identification of the data format
- Preparation of reports documenting the recording quality of aircraft sensors
- Support other teams within the business on matters concerning recorded parameters and other recording issues
- Identity bugs or inefficiencies in the system and liaise with the Software Development team to find appropriate fixes.
- Reverse-engineer FDR files
- Review abnormal recorded data and determine the cause
- Provide support and guidance to customers on data recording matters
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for analysis or supply of data
- Demonstrate and promote industry best practice
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of the various forms of binary encoded data and the ability to work with data at the lowest levels, such as twos complement arithmetic
- Appreciation of large matrix mathematics
- Customer service orientated
- Appreciation of ARI NC standards 573/717 /767
- Knowledge of Data Acquisition Units and Data Recorders (DFDAU/ FDR/ QAR)
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Working at pace
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
The work will be carried out at the Flight Data Services offices in Whiteley, Hampshire.
All FDS employees must be prepared to travel on business, including to our subsidiary companies, FDS Inc of Phoenix Arizona and Asia Flight Data Services of Singapore.
40 hours per week. Core hours are Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 4pm with a half hour unpaid break for lunch each day. The times of the remaining hours are flexible and may be arranged at your convenience provided that they meet the needs of the business.
Please note: L3Harris Commercial Aviation does not provide a visa sponsorship for this role. All candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered.
Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws