Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manager, Communication -Remote
Vermont; Virginia; Tennessee; South Carolina; Rhode Island; Pennsylvania; Ohio; New York; New Jersey; New Hampshire; North Carolina; Michigan; Maine; Maryland; Somerville, Massachusetts; Kentucky; Georgia; Florida; Delaware; ConnecticutJob ID IMS20221105-82129
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Communications
Job Code: IMS20221105-82129
Job Location: Mason, OH
The Manager, Communication will serve as the Electro-Optic sector marketing communications lead, developing and executing an integrated marketing communications plan that supports the business objectives and growth of the EO sector. The Manager, Communication will manages a team of marketing communications professionals in multiple locations. This person will be based out of the Mason, OH area, but can sit anywhere in the Eastern Time Zone, wihin the USA.
- Management and leadership experience in marketing and communications, with expertise in writing, project management and team management.
- Experience developing and executing advertising, social media, websites and media relations.
- Development of the EO sector integrated marketing plan to support the sector’s strategic business pursuits and strategy
- Manage geographically distributed team of communication professionals
- Coach team in developing marketing and communications content to further the L3Harris brand and support the EO marketing plan
- Strong writing and editing of press releases, collateral and multimedia communications products
- Works with IHO-based creative lead to deliver marketing products that support the sector marketing plan
- Works with IHO-based trade show lead in planning and accomplishing trade show and conferences that support the sector’s strategic pursuits and marketing plan
- Expertise of Associated Press style
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Minimum 9 years prior related experience in marketing and communications or a graduate degree with minimum 7 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with aerospace/defense industry
- Proficient with typical Microsoft Office suite of software and SharePoint
- Familiarity with Adobe products such as Acrobat, InDesign and PhotoShop a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.