Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Mgr, Systems Engineering (Land Mobile Radio Systems)
Washington; Salt Lake City, Utah; Houston, Texas; Dallas, Texas; Texas; South Dakota; Oregon; Reno, Nevada; Las Vegas, Nevada; Nevada; New Mexico; Nebraska; North Dakota; Montana; Minnesota; Idaho; Colorado; California; ArizonaJob ID CS20220306-83450
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The NSRS Configuration and Quality Manager is a subject matter expert (SME) responsible for establishing a program configuration and quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and positively impacts the financial performance of L3Harris. The purpose of configuration management is to manage and control the integrity and maturity of the delivered system documents and products throughout the program lifecycle. The NSRS LMR system shall be configuration managed and based on a comprehensive Configuration Management System(CMS). Similarly, CQCM, shall champion continuous quality improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS). Within the scope of the NSRS program, these two systems are integral and require hands on technical and management expertise in the design and delivery of a large scale Land Mobile Radio (LMR) communications system.
Communicates within and outside of organization to explain the policies and procedures that should be followed resulting in the highest quality product. Initiate and implement quality improvement activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company’s product lines. Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area and comprehensive knowledge within the professional discipline. Educates and trains employees on following procedures and policies emphasizing to the employees their impact on the quality of the product and our customers overall satisfaction.
About the above, the CQCM shall develop and manage a document taxonomy, ensuring that contractually required and L3Harris required supporting documentation (internal and customer facing) is developed and managed according to that taxonomy and that the document content is comprehensive, accurate, and has been peer reviewed prior to presentation to the customer. The objective is a document and data management activity that supports all areas of the NSRS contract, such that the program has a cohesive design deliverable the natural output of which supports a final as built/closeout deliverable. The extent of CQCM team participation in the field is limited to observation for audit purposes to ensure compliance with data collection standards and verification that document content conforms to field conditions. Further, the CQCM shall develop necessary workflows and processes to ensure that the configuration of design information is managed between functions (PM, PE, CM, QM) and that field modified documents (redlines) are flowed into as built and close out documentation timely and correctly.
- Ensure all engineering and construction drawings and documents are properly logged into the company’s data repositories.
- Manage design change process and configuration items, including document review, issuance, and tracking of technical contract deliverable documents.
- Develop top-down master data lists that accurately define configuration baselines.
- Identify and coordinate processes for configuration management.
- Implement, support and facilitate version and process auditing and reporting.
- Explain, interpret, and gain cooperation on policies, procedures, and practices.
- Develop, implement, manage and integrate a QMS for the program.
- Serve as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Manage quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Design, implement and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Perform root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Interact with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality.
- Oversee calibration, supplier quality, inspection, testing and training programs.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Responsible for internal quality audits and participates in external quality audits.
- Perform program specific tasks as required to ensure compliance to individual program requirements and deliverables.
- Have comprehensive knowledge and skills within Quality Assurance and a broad understanding of other areas within Operations.
- Travel to customer sites (field visits) up to 50% of the time, mostly Nevada and California.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 10 years of experience - Configuration Management, Quality Management.
- Hands on management expertise in the design and delivery of a large-scale Land Mobile Radio (LMR) communications system.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail and organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and data, including construction drawings, schematics, and system test documents.
- Experience communicating within and outside of own department as well as parties external to the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; including presentations to staff, potential customers and other professionals; ability to communicate clearly, concisely, logically and coherently
- Understanding of principles of Configuration Management Standard EIA649
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.