On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer for our Keyport, WA location.
- Responsible for designing and developing small and large capabilities that contribute to multiple software projects in Maritime Systems.
- This involves hands on experience developing in Java in a Linux and/or Windows environment.
- Tasking ranges from individual contributor to working as a part of a geographically distributed team.
- Communicate within and outside of your function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Make moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Participate in code reviews, collaborate on requirements, design documentation and test plans as a part of the overall software design and development process.
- Prepare documentation and contribute to user manuals and Help Files, test and debug software capabilities and applications, and summarize designs, and create design diagrams for software under development while utilizing work item tracking software to track overall progress.
- Provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees.
- Support and participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of embedded software.
- Java experience in a Linux and/or Windows environment
- Good understanding of software engineering principles and design patterns
- Strong desire to practice technical and design skills
- Passion for software development IR1006 Rev. 7/19
- In depth knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Adaptability in a quick paced and distributed work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Ability to prepare technical reports, papers, and presentations and deliver them in written and oral form to customers
- Ability to manage work schedules to ensure deliverables are met on time with high quality
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary product teams
- Ability to work with leadership to identify risks related to tasking
- Ability to effectively track and communicate progress toward key goals and milestones
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including Visio
- A successful candidate will be a quick learner, a great problem solver, self-motivated, self-directed and able to collaborate with team members. Additionally, they will be able to work closely with our development team as well as our industry partners for software integration and testing events.
- Active Secret Security Clearance at the time of hire
- Ability to travel up to 10% dependent on customer and business need
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience using industry standard tools and agile development processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment.
- Ability to work well across multiple engineering disciplines.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit