Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Systems Engrg
Washington, DC; Herndon, Virginia; Fairfax, Virginia; Chantilly, Virginia; Ashburn, Virginia; Arlington, Virginia; Alexandria, Virginia; Virginia; Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20211404-59689
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Aerospace Engineering - Modeling & Simulation (active TS/SCI w/CI Poly)
Job Code: SAS20211404-59689
Job Location: Chantilly-VA or Colorado Springs-CO
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Aerospace Engineer to support software development teams. The candidate will provide expertise in national security space systems, operations, and modeling and simulation as-needed to support product development. The candidate will support performance, suitability, development and evaluations of space and multi-domain CONOPS, systems, and hardware.
- Use space systems and aerospace expertise to translate requirements into capability description documents that software teams can use to develop.
- Sever as a technical liaison and product owner bridging user needs and product capabilities. Lead technical exchanges meetings with customers.
- Work with software development teams to implement and validate models.
- Perform quantitative analysis, orbit determination, decision analysis, capability analysis, system engineering requirements analysis and trade studies, analyses of alternatives, design of experiments, and architecture analysis.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluations alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and operations.
- Develop new algorithms and processes, enhance current tool capabilities, and perform analyses.
- Provides input to project managers on programmatic and technical deliverables.
- Serve as a technical lead for aspects of a project.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 9+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or other Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related discipline. Alternatively, 7 years of prior related experience with a Graduate Degree.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance w/CI Poly
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in national security space systems and operations and/or DoD space systems and operations.
- Familiar with Java or similar object-oriented languages, enabling the candidate to read and follow the logic of code written.
- Experience in supporting modeling, simulation, and analysis of space systems.
- Demonstrated success in leading technical exchanges and interactions with customers
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile approaches to Systems Engineering
- Experience working with software development teams and associated Agile development processes.
- Experience working with JSON and XML files often used for data exchange and API definitions.
- Effective organization level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Aerospace software: STK/Astrogator/ODTK, Astrodynamics Standards
- Modeling software: experience with Python and/or MATLAB
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $99,500 - $184,500 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.