Lead, Business Development
Washington, DC; Northampton, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20210305-60628
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Business Development – Maritime Sensors
Job Location: Northampton, MA / Remote Considered
L3Harris currently has an opening in the Maritime Sensors Business Development organization in our Northampton, MA location. The successful candidate is responsible for leading new business growth and building customer relations in the maritime marketplace. The candidate will establish, reinforce and expand customer relationships, identify and shape pursuits, aide in developing capture strategy and plan, and provide effective internal and external communications related to all relevant opportunities.
- Is an accomplished subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of imaging and naval sensor product technology and an experienced, self-sufficient project manager.
- Will manage large, complex project initiatives of substantial strategic importance to the organization with minimal oversight.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and an ability to compellingly communicate effectively within and outside of the organization to explain and influence recommended solutions to customer needs and articulately explain discriminating differences between the L3Harris solution and others.
- Proactively champions significant improvements to processes, systems, or products.
- Provides input to improve new product and process value to the customer and implements operational plans that have measurable positive impact on the business and functional goals.
- Develops and executes an effective plan and strategy to increase orders, bookings and new program captures
- Develops strong relationships with current and potential new customers to facilitate programs of record and new business opportunities
- Coordinates and manages new business capture throughout the business development cycle from planning, targeting and gathering information through proposing and eventual closure of the capture
- Provides proficient knowledge of L3Harris imaging and sensor products, product applications, systems and solutions to peers, partners and potential customers to develop potential new business opportunities
- Develops bid & win strategies and PTW (price-to-win) for selected pursuits
- Determines current demand for products and services for both the company and its competitors including future product feature-set direction & roadmaps
- Evaluates market and competitive conditions and develop competitive assessments
- Develops business forecasts for customer, market and product line
- Able to assess customer influence within customer organizations
- Provides a voice of the customer back to the business
- Travels as required to support opportunity identification, pursuit and capture efforts. Generate briefing materials as they pertain to the customer's interests/needs. Present briefings at customer or L3H locations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or technical field (BSEE or BSME preferred) or equivalent required with a minimum of 9 years of prior relevant experience, MBA a plus
Skills, Knowledge, Certifications and Conditions
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office package (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access), and Microsoft Project
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly; promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
- Exceptional leadership and decision-making skills.
- Must be available to travel.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required
Preferred Additional Skills:
Submarine operational experience, DoD acquisition experience, Strong interpersonal communication skills, Negotiation,
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.