Government Relations Associate (New Grad-Washington, D.C.)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Government Relations Associate (New Grad – Washington, D.C.)
Job Code: CHQ20201009-50458
Job Location: Washington D.C.
- Providing general support to the GR team in a variety of functions. This would include but is not limited to:
- Tracking Congressional engagements and meetings of the team as a whole
- Helping with slide decks and other materials as needed
- Coverage and summaries of Congressional hearings
- Putting together Congressional biographies for team use and Congressional executive engagements
- Supporting GR events and participation in tradeshows and other events as needed
- Helping organize appropriations/ NDAA requests, and supporting the team with submitting requests
- Help with support of PAC activities as needed
- Helping provide support to the Vice President of Government Relations. This would include but is not limited to:
- Helping manage schedule
- Prep materials and help with various CEO and executive support
- Bachelor's Degree in Political Science or related field with 3.0 GPA or higher
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.