Field Engineer (US)
Washington, DC; Maryland; Columbia, Maryland; Centreville, Virginia; VirginiaJob ID SAS20210801-54856
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: US Field Engineer (Information Technology)
Job Location: Washington DC area, Norther VA, Maryland
Job Code: SAS20210801-54856
We are an international business unit with a startup culture looking for an experienced computer network operations practitioner. Superior communication skill and demonstrated technical subject-matter expertise are essential. You will join an elite team of engineers and security researchers who are charged with building world-class computer security products. As field engineering lead, you cement the operational focus of the team, questioning assumptions on operational concepts, aligning products with real-world scenarios and conducting holistic analysis of company offerings to ensure continued relevance of the portfolio. Mastery of the technology portfolio will enable you to analyze applications, devise optimal solutions and lead front-line issue triage for the US team.
The primary work location is downtown Washington, DC adjacent to Metro Center, though schedule flexibility and remote work can be accommodated. Periodic travel in the DC area and along the eastern seaboard is required. Infrequent travel to our Ottawa, London and Sydney offices in support of technical exchanges is highly encouraged. All travel will be at the mercy of pandemic conditions, employee wellbeing is a paramount concern.
- Serve as front-line engineer for the US team, functioning as the linchpin for US product delivery and sustainment
- Gain proficiency and become conversant with all major product offerings
- Deploy and operate software and hardware products across a host of mobile, desktop and server products
- Provide thorough, thoughtful analysis of systemic and localized issues wherever encountered
- Identify gaps and opportunities through customer support activities, generating insights for the global products and ops leads
- Oversee all field-deployable hardware, designing and assembling real-world topologies to demonstrate product functionality and reproduce unique operational scenarios
- Assemble and maintain fly-away kit for engagements outside of the DC offices
- Identify and emplace processes to streamline field support, driving improvement in information and technology flow to internal and external stakeholders alike
- Serve as technical lead for annual US training exercise, designing learning objectives and collaboratively delivering content to ensure knowledge transfer
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in information technology, computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- 10+ years experience in a technology field
- Demonstrated proficiency in cyber capability development and/or operations
- Prior US Federal government service
- Agility and confidence with mobile, desktop and server operating systems including iOS, Android, Windows and Linux
- Experience writing software or scripting to automate manual processes
- Experience with software systems and root-cause analysis
- Ability to work within and manage high-pressure situations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience delivering technical content to trainees or otherwise serving as an instructor of technical subject matter
- Aptitude for and interest in building and maintaining professional relationships
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.