Director, Business Development
Washington; San Antonio, Texas; Fort Worth, Texas; Dallas, Texas; Cincinnati, Ohio; New York; Nashua, New Hampshire; Burlington, Massachusetts; Boston, Massachusetts; Palm Bay, Florida; Orlando, Florida; Melbourne, Florida; Vandenberg Air Force Base, California; San Diego, California; Los Angeles, California; Goleta, California; Tucson, Arizona; Illinois; Denver, Colorado; Virginia; Nevada; Maryland; Pennsylvania; Georgia; KentuckyJob ID IMS20210501-54689
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Director, Business Development for L3Harris Space & Sensors will be responsible for the development and management of growth plans, strategies, and capture initiatives focused on Electro Optical Sensors and Systems, Space Avionics, and Directed Energy Beam Director Assemblies within domestic defense markets. This position will include responsibility for the influencing of RFPs, and be responsible for the capture of key pursuits assigned to them. This role includes coordination across L3Harris divisions and their current business pursuits. The candidate must have experience and knowledge of the Electro Optical Market with Space Avionics, and Directed Energy experience preferred.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the defense EO/IR marketplace, customer requirements, and mission needs. Be able to communicate that knowledge at all levels within the organization. Reporting responsibilities include executive management, program management, engineering, and capture teams.
- Capability to align the division’s technical expertise to customers’ requirements
- Establish and maintain customer relationships with prime contractor and government customer communities and maintain a high level of customer intimacy within these communities
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the government procurement cycle
- Collaborate with Engineering and Program Management to manage the complete product lifecycle, from new product introduction through product replacement.
- Assist with development of a detailed annual business development operating plan
- Assist with developing the business plan that provides the ROI for all of the division’s IRAD and pursuit
- Incorporate and develop the Orders pipeline in the CRM tool
- Coordinate, lead and/or support proposal activities
- Regularly visit key divisions customers
- Position requires domestic travel (50%) and periodic international travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- This position requires a minimum of 4-years of relevant business development experience, with imaging ISR preferred
- Understanding of DoD mission equipment in any one or more of the following categories: reconnaissance, surveillance, target acquisition, and threat detection in support of weapons, fixed wing, and rotary aircraft.
- Direct experience interacting with customers to define mission needs and translating requirements to engineering and program management personnel.
- Direct familiarity and experience working with US military requirements, acquisition, and operational agencies.
- Demonstrated track record of winning new business
- Ability to influence and effectively shape customer requirements within the following constituencies: government customer, prime contractor customer, and partners/suppliers
- Working knowledge of the US Department of Defense procurement processes, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs), Foreign Military Sales/Funded (FMS/ FMF) and International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) is required.
- Candidate must have experience and understanding of forecasting, investment strategy, standard estimating and budgeting practices, capture planning and proposal development. Training in Miller Heiman and Shipley processes preferred
- Must be a US Citizen as defined by NIPSOM and be able to obtain and maintain at a minimum an Active SECRET / T3 security clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.