Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Government Relations Intern (Washington, DC)
Washington D.C., District of ColumbiaJob ID CHQ20220108-87796
What makes a successful early career professional at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Government Relations Intern (Washington, D.C.)
Job ID: CHQ20220108-87796
Job Location: Washington, D.C.
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Government Relations intern to provide support on key projects during the Spring 2023 (Jan 2023 - May 2023). The selected candidate will become familiar with the Government Relations team’s role in Congressional, Executive Branch, and thought leadership priorities and policy in the national security domain.
- Summarize relevant Congressional hearings, Executive branch reports, think tank webinars, and defense-industry events.
- Research and track legislation from key Congressional committees.
- Draft preperation materials for company executives, including biographies, agendas and talking points.
- Support Government Relations team projects, events, and other activities and assignments as needed.
- Develop valuable skills, network, and gain exposure to Capitol Hill, the Department of Defense (DoD), the State Department (DoS), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), as well as government affairs, Political Action Committees (PACs), regulation, and legislation supporting the national security domain.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master's in Political Science, International Relations, Public Policy, National Security, or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Strong analytical, writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Interest in defense, national security, government, and legislative affairs
- Experience working in a Congressional or Executive Branch office
- Interest in technology and innovation
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask and work independently with little supervision
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.