Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Research Engineer (Remote)
Wainfleet All Saints, United KingdomJob ID SAS20221508-88654
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Research Engineer
Job Location – London or remote within the UK
Job ID – SAS20221508-88654
About the role:
We are seeking a Research Engineer to expand our L3Harris business Trenchant. L3Harris Trenchant is a custom software development company with locations in Australia, Canada, UK and the USA. We service corporate and government clients globally. Founded in 2007, our particular expertise centers on cross-platform and low-level systems development as well as IT security services.
Our focus is on developing custom software systems and applications, particularly those in constrained or multi-platform environments. We design and develop end-to-end solutions based on client requirements.
This role can mostly be done remotely within the UK with some travel to our London office. Some travel (including overseas) may be required for the purpose of meets, off-site installation and system start-ups.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications – with a primary focus on Apple systems but may include other ubiquitous platforms.
- Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
- Develop an awareness of programming and design alternatives.
- Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of system, security, and application development best practices.
- Gather statistics and prepare and write reports on the status of the programming process for discussion with management and/or team members.
- Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Liaise with company’s software and hardware suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, programmers, and other software engineers to resolve any defects in products or company systems.
- Finding vulnerabilities in Apple iOS, other Apple software and popular software running on Apple operating systems.
- Working with other team members to support the construction of exploits for vulnerabilities discovered by the company
- Research & development on security technologies in such fields as exploitation, bug finding, reverse engineering and static analysis
- Working with and for other officers, employees or contractors of the company who may require assistance from time to time
- Regular interaction with managers, clients, vendors, and agencies to field queries and questions.
- Take an active role in cross-team projects when needed.
Experience & Skills:
- A University degree in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Programming experience with iOS system-level development experience in user and some kernel level programming.
- Previous work experience in system level software development.
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++ and Python.
- Experience of Windows and Linux development environments.
- A deep understanding of operating system internals and principles such as: synchronization mechanisms, multithreaded programming, inter-process communication.
- Experience with reverse engineering and debugging at the user and kernel level, using tools such as IDA Pro and Ghidra.
- Experience with software vulnerability analysis.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle and Quality Assurance process in a commercial software development environment.
- Experience with high performance x86/x64-based and arm/aarch64 multiprocessor system architecture.
- Experience in using a source control systems.
- Knowledge of the following protocols and technologies: TCP/IP, File Systems, Network File Systems.
- Knowledge of security related software functionality.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Adept at conducting research into software-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to meet milestones and deadlines and deliver commercial software products.
- A clear track record of getting high quality, innovative products deployed in production.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.