Lead, Systems Administrator
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Sr. Systems Administrator (TS/SCI)
Job Code: SAS20202503-43590
Job Location: Wahiawa, Hawaii
Seeking a candidate to lead the support and operations for systems in Wahiawa, HI. Successful candidate will excel in supporting the technical requirements of the Engineering Group and will be responsible for maintaining security posture, maintaining current systems. The Support Engineer will work with the systems design and development team to manage and support systems, resolve security issues, troubleshoot and ensure conformance of products to specifications. This Support Engineer will debug, analyze and verify products meet functional and performance requirements.
Responsibilities will include though not limited to the following:
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Cyber Security tasks include: Security scans/remediation/compliance reporting, Vulnerability assessment/monitoring/reporting/tools, Incident response, Audit/inspection support, Directives/orders compliance, and Access control.
- Technical Administration: Install/configure/patch/upgrade assigned systems, System monitoring utilizing enterprise tools, Performance tuning/troubleshooting, Application support including application/web administration, Account management, Backup/recovery, Automation/scripting, Storage configuration (manage/allocate growth), Monitoring (events, logs, system health), Virtualization, and Clustering
- Builds and maintains solid working relationships with internal and external customers
- Make recommendations for future upgrades
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues
- Monitor networks to ensure security
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
- Administer servers, routers, switches, firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 8 years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent
- Red Hat 6.x and 7.x experience is required
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (e.g. CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, SSCP, or CCNA Security)
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Work experience working with security features and hardening RHEL
- At least 6 years of experience working with Linux advance networking (Using iptables and other Linux IP tools) and Linux system performance monitoring and fine-tuning
- Knowledge of common secure LAN/WAN infrastructure configurations
- System and Network Monitoring experience (e.g. Icinga, Nagios, Elk, Cacti)
- Familiarity with network and security tools and applications like Antivirus, SELinux, SCAP, Nessus
- Network Appliance Configuration/Management (Firewalls, Routers, Switches)
- MySQL DB Experience
- Experience with Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware configuration, Network performance monitoring.
- Scripting experience (e.g. Bash, Python or Perl)
- Web Application Server support experience (e.g. Apache)
- Experience/Knowledge of the Iridium system or EMSS gateway operations
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.