Supplier Quality Engineer Specialist
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20211603-58180
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer Specialist 3
Job Code: QEP3
Job Location: Waco, TX
L3Harris is actively seeking for a Supplier Quality Engineer for our Waco, TX facility for a direct hire opportunity. SQE will liaise with Supply Chain and manage supplier certification documentation, supplier performance portal and special processes. We offer great competitive benefits and generous relocation package.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of company products in compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Performs analysis on reported nonconformities and discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical systems, field and clinical data.
- Further investigates the cause for discrepancies and nonconformities to develop disposition and recommend corrective action plans.
- Leads material review board and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activities.
- Utilizes the structure process of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) or Production Part Approval Process(PPAP)
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Conducts program quality cost account management and manages supplier corrective actions.
- Serves as the primary interface to customers and supplier for quality related matters.
- In this role, you will liaise with Supply Chain and manage supplier certification documentation, supplier performance portal and special processes.
- Work consists of making basic adjustments to systems and processes to solve problems.
- Identifies, defines and addresses general problems that are typically within the immediate job area.
- Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences or standard procedures and basic analysis
- Analyze supplier performance and develop improvement plans for identified problem areas to drive down supplier DPPM and nonconformance rates
- Use Six Sigma & Lean concepts for supplier improvement of quality and delivery metrics
- Provide training for basic quality methodologies to support supplier partnerships
- Support programs assessing potential new suppliers
- Create commodity strategies and sourcing initiatives for L3Harris Primary Commodity Teams
- Implement Supplier Partnership concepts with focus suppliers
- Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems
- Perform and evaluate root cause and corrective action to correct product/process deficiencies
- Perform elements of Advanced product Quality Planning (Process Flow Diagrams & Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis, and First Articles)
- Performs other Quality Engineering tasks as assigned to support the Quality Management System of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience or 4 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in operations, supply chain and/or quality
- Minimum of 2 years of experience auditing a Quality Management System
- Working knowledge of SAE AS5553, AS6174, AS9100 and Government Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARs) 252.246-7007/7008 or equivalent required
- Minimum of 4 years utilizing Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) or Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proven problem-solving experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Travel as required, up to 40%
- Ability to access ITAR controlled items and/or articles
- Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- Six Sigma training (Yellow or Green Belt)
- Experience extracting requirements from both Military and Commercial contracts
- 2 years of experience in root cause, corrective action determination and verification
- Experience in performing ISO/AS9100 audits
- Six Sigma, ASQ and/or PMI certifications preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.