Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Specialist, Systems Test Engineer
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20222306-85089
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Systems Test Engineer
Job ID: IMS20222306-85089
Job Location: Waco, TX
L3 Harris is actively seeking a Systems Test Engineer 4 for our facility in Waco, TX for a direct hire opportunity. This position has competitive benefits and relocation package.
L3Harris is a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs! As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic, and sensor systems used on military and commercial aircraft platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers.
The ISR Sector is one the business units within the Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) Segment, focused primarily on the design, modification, fielding and enduring support of both tactical and strategic Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft for US and international customers. The ISR Sector is headquartered in Plano, TX, and has additional operating locations in Greenville, Waco, and Rockwall, TX, as well as Tulsa OK and Nashville TN.
This role is based in the heart of Texas in Waco, and relocation is provided! Waco is an excellent place to live if you're looking for a bustling, but small, college town with delicious BBQ, friendly neighbors, and a very favorable cost of living (Texas has no state tax!) and is close to the major metropolitan cities and attractions that TX has to offer. Learn more about Waco here: www.wacoheartoftexas.com
The Systems Test Engineer will be responsible for performing systems engineering test lead tasks associated with aircraft modernization,maintenance and new aircraft systems integration and testing.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Performing development and execution of software quality methods and processes.
- Responsible for tests, methods and procedures to ensure continuous improvement to software quality assurance standards.
- Supporting the development effort required to integrate Avionics, Communications and Mission systems on multiple assigned platforms.
- Authoring of Test Procedures, and performing System Operation and Verification Tests (SOVT) for avionics, communications, including cockpit systems, special mission systems, and navigation equipment.
- Proficiency in the use of common and advanced test equipment, including test related software.
- Support future business pursuits, which include avionics systems development and integration for military applications.
- Interface with other disciplines and effectively present technical information to others which include customers, subcontractors, and other stakeholders, while setting and maintaining the highest ethical standard for self and others.
- Apply electrical theory, electronics test equipment (digital voltmeter, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, RF power meters, network Analyzers) and their applied use in testing of RF systems and mixed signal products.
- Reading and interpreting block diagrams, wire diagrams, and circuit schematics to isolate component malfunctions.
- Travel of up to 50% of the time and required primarily within the U.S, but may include OCONUS.
- Bachelor degree plus a minimum of 6 years aircraft systems test engineering experience or a Graduate degree with 4 years of prior related experience or an Associate degree with 10 years aircraft systems test engineering experience or a H/S or GED with 14 years aircraft systems test engineering experience.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance (Requires U.S. citzenship).
- Must have functional working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel for the business as required up to 50% of the time primarily in the U.S. but may include OCONUS.
- Ability to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as required for business needs.
- Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary. Sometimes in confined spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds or if weight is over, employee must utilized a lifting team of two people; the load should only be increased by two thirds the sums of their individual capabilities.
- Ingress/ Egress evaluations will be conducted to determine compatibility with criteria specified for emergency aircraft evacuation procedures.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- A&P and/or FCC license desired
- Effective communicator
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.