Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, System Engineer - Reliability and Maintainability
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20220609-90046
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Specialist, System Engineer - Reliability and Maintainability
Job Code: IMS20220609-90046
Job Location: Waco, TX
L3Harris is a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs! As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic, and sensor systems used on military and commercial aircraft platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers.
The ISR Sector is one the business units within the Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) Segment, focused primarily on the design, modification, fielding and enduring support of both tactical and strategic Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft for US and international customers. The ISR Sector is headquartered in Plano, TX, and has additional operating locations in Greenville, Waco, and Rockwall, TX, as well as Tulsa OK and Nashville TN.
- Perform tasks and analyses in the following areas - Failure Mode and Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Maintenance Task Analysis, reliability modeling/predictions/calculations, environmental qualification testing, environmental stress screening (ESS), failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system (FRACAS), testability analysis
- Supports new pursuits with cost bids and written proposals.
- Communicates within and outside of organization to explain and influence changes to policies, practices, or approaches.
- Use software reliability tools to identify failure modes and probability of occurrence.
- Support development and evaluation of complex air vehicle system designs and architectures.
- Deliver presentations to communicate design activity plans and status to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology and minimum 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio) and Adobe Acrobat DC
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level which requires U.S. citizenship. Active security clearance not required at the time of application.
Preferred Skills (beyond required):
- Experience with Windchill Quality Solutions.
- Aircraft certification/airworthiness experience as ODA unit member or similar.
- Experience with document / configuration control tools (e.g. Teamcenter)
- Experience with the following industry / military standards: MIL-STD-882, MIL-STD-810, DO-160, DO-178, ARP4761, ARP4754, DO-254, MIL-STD-1472, MIL-HDBK-217
- Experience with other system supportability areas including:
- Human Factors – Anthropometry, crew work load analysis, cockpit working groups, operator/maintainer considerations, field of view analysis, readability, accessibility.
- System Safety - Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), System Safety Analysis (SSA), Risk Assessment, System Safety Hazard Analsysi Rerpot (SSHAR), software certification, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), system safety program plans
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.