Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Specialist, Mechanical Engineer - PTC Windchill (TROLLING)
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20220704-80230
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Mechanical Engineer - PTC Windchill (TROLLING)
Job Code: IMS20220704-80230
Job Location: Waco, TX
This position will manage, test, deploy and administrate engineering applications. Primary focus will be supporting PTC Creo and administering PTC Windchill. Provide first line user support for these applications and assist in the development of CAD models, application configuration, business process and data management. Will be responsible to understand and translate client requirements into the desired technical solutions. Must communicate well with users, peers and management regarding task and project information.
- Identify business process requirements across Mechanical Engineering and PDM/PLM Management disciplines.
- Implement and support document management, product structure, and workflow projects using PTC Creo and Windchill software.
- Develop Windchill toolkit and plugin customization programs for workflow handlers, item creation and workflow validations and enhancements
- Create workflows in Windchill to align with engineering and business processes.
- Provide Windchill program and cycle enhancements.
- Solve 3rd tier helpdesk issues solving concerning Windchill/MCAD end user or system problems, monitoring and administration of the Windchill Web Tier, application and database.
- Responsible for researching, submitting, managing, statusing and ultimately completing issues submitted to the PTC technical support helpdesk.
- Provide technical support required to maintain Creo configuration control files.
- Administer user security within application package software.
- Prepare and update necessary documentation and assist in developing and maintaining system documentation.
- Provide training to the users, when appropriate.
- Provide user in-depth knowledge, best practice, and user support of Windchill and Creo to the user community.
- Work closely with IT systems administrators, IT Creo experts and technical developers to resolve technical issues.
- Be a team player as a member of the Engineering Core PLM team; collaborates and works jointly with team members to address business needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a Bachelor’s (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Must have experience with the use of 3D CAD programs to create solid models and 2D detail, assembly, and installation drawings. Experience with CREO (Pro/engineer) REQUIRED.
- Must possess Windows Server administration experience including Active Directory domains/forest.
- Must have experience investigating and developing system requirements.
- Must have experience troubleshooting and debugging errors in applications.
- Requires extensive experience administering PTC Windchill database and system administration.
- Strong working knowledge of PTC Windchill and Creo tools REQUIRED.
- Must have experience supporting engineering and or manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent customer support skills as this role interfaces directly with internal users across multiple sites (and possibly external users and partners).
- Must have excellent problem-solving abilities to assist the users in identifying, investigating, analyzing and resolving issues related to Windchill and Creo
- Must have the ability to motivate others; pays attention to details; ability to work under pressure; and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including written, oral, and listening.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in small team environments to achieve project goals
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as required.
- 5 + years Windchill implementation, administration and support experience.
- 3 + years CAD/CAM systems implementation, administration and support experience.
- Experience with Model Based Definition is desired.
- Experience with multiple CAD platforms including NX is desired.
- Experience with SQL Database administration and integration with Windchill is desired.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.