Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Assoc, Production Planning
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20211409-69388
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Production Planning Sr. Associate
Job Code: PPP2
Job Location: IAS – Waco
L3Harris is actively seeking a Production Planning Senior Associate for our facility located in Waco, TX for direct hire opportunity. We offer great competitive benefits and a great place to start your career.
Job Description: Planner/Material Coordinator Multi-function
- Plans aircraft maintenance and modification projects through interpretation of program statements of work, engineering drawings, technical manuals, directives, and other specifications.
- Develops aircraft maintenance and modification routers to provide guidance for operation sequencing, tooling requirements, inspection points, and work instruction detail.
- Responsibilities require liaison project planning activities with engineering, customer and production personnel.
- This position requires that the applicant be fully engaged in the upfront planning of all projects, present and future, with the ability to respond to QRC and Drop In projects in a minimum amount of time with a reasonable degree of accuracy.
- Will use SAP (ERP),Solumina (MES), MS Excel and other applicable software.
- This position will communicate and interact with our customer and program office at all levels in a manner that is professional and effective.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Experience in the review of maintenance/modification requirements for contractual activities for aircraft maintenance projects through the interpretation of program Statements of Work, engineering drawings, technical manuals, directives, and other specifications
- Experience in SAP, Solumina, Excel, MS Word, TeamCenter Unified
- Requires direct involvement with and participation in the Engineering design process. Interacts directly with mechanical and electrical design engineers as required to develop detailed modification installation planning concurrent with the development of the associated system designs. Provides execution perspective review of Engineering design drawings throughout the system design process. Participates in formal Engineering design reviews, as required. Ensures all planning documents are prepared in accordance with and in support of the Engineering data review and release process per the established project schedule requirements.
- Business or Technical Bachelor degree + 6 years relevant experience.
- Relevant experience: prior commercial, or military engineering, installation, modification or maintenance aerospace experience, in a hands on labor capacity or in a production support function (i.e. engineering, supply chain, quality, planning).
- With a Business or Technical Assoc. degree, must have a total of 8 years of relevant experience. Relevant experience: prior commercial, or military engineering, installation, modification or maintenance aerospace experience, in a hands on labor capacity or in a production support function (i.e. engineering, supply chain, quality, planning).
- With H/S or GED, must have a total of 12 years relevant experience. Relevant experience: prior commercial, or military engineering, installation, modification or maintenance aerospace experience, in a hands on labor capacity or in a production support function (i.e. engineering, supply chain, quality, planning).
- Must have experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have working knowledge of SAP.
- Must have familiarity with TO's, service manuals, and related publications.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Secret Clearance or ability to obtain Secret Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to participate in discussions with customers both internal and external regarding contractual maintenance/modification requirements and process for production and shop floor.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.