Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Quality Engineer
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20221710-92045
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Quality Engineer
Job Code: IMS20221710-92045
Job Location: Waco, TX
L3Harris is actively seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer Specialist for our facility in Waco, TX for a direct hire opportunity. We do offer competitive benefits and a generous relocation package.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of company products in compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Performs analysis on reported nonconformities and discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical systems, field and clinical data.
- Further investigates the cause for discrepancies and nonconformities to develop disposition and recommend corrective action plans.
- Leads material review board and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activities.
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Serves as the primary interface to customers and supplier for quality related matters.
- Intermediate professional with practical knowledge of job area.
- Works under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside own team to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures Identifies and addresses changes within own job area.
- Works to achieve operational targets with some impact on departmental results.
- Must be able to travel within and outside of the United States, Work all shifts including weekends and overtime as required.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to access ITAR controlled items and/or articles (Requires U.S. citizenship)
- Experience in Material Review Board (MRB), developing dispositions to nonconforming materials, First Article Inspections (FAI), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Cost Account Management (CAM)
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret security clearance (Requires U.S. citizenship)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in root cause, corrective action, determination and verification
- Aircraft maintenance experience a plus
- Experience in performing ISO/AS9100 audits
- Six Sigma training (Yellow or Green Belt)
- LEAN training
- Six Sigma, ASQ and/or PMI certifications preferred
- Experience extracting requirements from both Military and Commercial contracts
- FAA A&P license a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.