Spec, Systems Engrg
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is actively seeking for a Systems Engineer 3for a direct hire opportunity at our facility in Waco, TX. We offer great competitive benefits start on day one and a generous relocation package.
Perform as part of a team that supports the requirements, design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on ground and airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and communication platforms.
- Design and develop physical architectures incorporating Communication and Data Systems equipment into airborne systems for military and commercial customers.
- Translate the customer requirements into unique verifyible system level requirements.
- Perform requirement traceability methods and purpose.
- Perform systems engineering trade study process.
- Evaluate trade studies for accuracy and completeness.
- Write subsystem specifications based on system level requirements.
- Evaluate alternative solutions and establish preliminary system design.
- Review and evaluate electrical wiring diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements.
- Write effective verification test procedures ensuring system performance and capabilities meet system requirements.
- Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical information to non-technical professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, Software, Physics, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- DOORS experience
- Digital Databus Standards (ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553) experience
- Datalink integration experience
- Secure Communication integration experience
- Experience conducting first article verification testing
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Experience working with subcontractors and US Government customers.
- Experience working successfully both independently and in a team environment with the ability to lead teams through a system development and integration cycle.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level which requires U.S. citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.