Quality Assurance Business Analyst
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20210504-59140
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Business Analyst
Job Code: IMS20210504-59140
Job Location: Waco, TX
Provides business analytics and reporting to functional areas or projects/programs. Identifies and develops metrics by working with users and stakeholders to understand data visualization and reporting requirements. Translates business results into meaningful metrics and recommendations aimed at improving performance. Analyzes business processes and problems to formulate and develop recommendations to meet customer and/or internal project requirements. May be responsible for performing financial and business performance analysis. Defines configuration specifications and business analysis requirements. May partner with leaders to assess needs and define requirements.
- Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management.
- May manage projects or processes with general supervision.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Recommends enhancements to systems and processes.
- Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to Process Owners
- Ability to access ITAR controlled items and/or articles
- Experience in authoring Tableau and/or PowerBI visualizations
- Experience in data analysis using Microsoft Office Suite and PowerQuery
- Experienced with SQL (Structured Query Language) writing
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Secret Security Clearance desired
- International Institute of Business Analyst (IIBA) Certifications a plus
- Six Sigma training (Yellow or Green Belt)
- Knowledge and application of using Tableau, PowerBI, MiniTab or other statistical software
- Knowledge and application of root cause, corrective action process
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.