Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Security Support B (Security Systems Technician)
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20232505-101250
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Security Support B (Security Systems Technician)
Job Code: IMS20232505-101250
Job Location: Waco, TX 76705
Schedule: 9/80 Regular
L3Harris is actively seeking for a Security Support B (Security Systems Technician) that will assist our current Technical Security Officer to support programs on the facility as well as the facility itself.We have a competitive benefits that start on day one of hire.
If selected the individual will be working with our prime TSO at the L3Harris facility located in Waco, Texas 76705 that will maintain the facility UL Certificate of Compliance, Cameras, IDS, and Access Controls. Although, not required to start, this position requires US Citizenship in order for you to obtaina TS/SCI Secret Clearance.
- Run wire for security alarms (IDS), access control, and cameras.
- Mount/Install Equipment for IDS, access control, and cameras.
- Entry level Installation Technician willing to train on all systems. ( IDS, access control, and cameras)
- Willing to travel if needed
- Work Late on occasion at a moments notice
Listed below is a detailed list of Technical Security responsibilities for alarms, access control, and video.
NEW ALARM INSTALLATION
- Alarm System Operator
- Central Command Center
- Program Areas
NEW ACCESS CONTROL INSTALLATION
- C-Cure 9000 Operator
- New card reader / I-Star controller installation
- System programming and set up
NEW VIDEO INSTALLATION
- Analog Camera installation and interface with following equipment
- IP Camera installation
- System programming, set up, and testing
- System troubleshooting
- Camera layout
- Alarm System
- Card Access
- Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- You have the ability to obtain a Top-Secret/SCI clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Must understandComputer auditing and network intrusion detection software (NIDS)
- Minimum education and years of experience requirements are not to be used exclusive of other leveling factors. Substitution of additional relevant education and experience for stated qualifications may be considered. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. Other specific duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required of employees assigned to these jobs.
Preferred Skills (beyond required):
- Strong initiative and willingness to learn new things in a challenging environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Great attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Provides specific technical and/or broad scope security support to programs, personnel, facilities, and security infrastructure.
- Work alone with little supervision
- Able to read prints and schematics
- Able to carry 70lbs without issues
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.