Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20210804-59375
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title:Procurement Expediter
Job Location: Waco, TX
Job ID: IMS20210804-59375
L3 Harris is actively seeking to hire a Procurement Expediter 2for our facility in Waco, TX for a direct hire opportunity. The Procurement Expediter provides support to assigned buyer(s) to ensure on-time delivery of contracted goods and services. This position has competitive benefits and relocation package.
- Developing support individual contributor, works under general supervision.
- Work is less structure within identified boundaries and procedures.
- Identifies problems and issues in straightforward situations.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Provides administrative and clerical support specifically related to supply chain and procurement department activities.
- Maintains files, logs, records of invoices, purchase orders and other related documentation.
- May assist buyers in contacting vendors to obtain prices and schedule delivery dates.
- Maintains a high level of proficiency in the SAP system, as it relates to purchasing job functions.
- Communicates material issues to stakeholders in a manner to permit timely management decisions regarding work-around, etc.
- Maintains accurate status codes and adds detailed information to the Purchase Order expedite notes in SAP order files, explaining the results of contact with suppliers.
- Evaluates and manages exception messages.
- Performs low dollar, high volume procurement activity during surge periods.
- Maintains the highest level of ethical standards in accordance with L3Harris Ethics policy.
- Follows established processes to complete tasks. Identifies problems and issues in straightforward situations.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.