Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manager, Instrumentation and Test Engineering
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20222906-85659
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Instrumentation and Test Engineering
Job Code: IMS20222906-85659
Job Location: Waco, TX
The Instrumentation Engineer/Manager – Level 5 will be an integral member of the overall Flight Sciences team and report directly to the Manager of Flight Sciences. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic team-based environment managing a technical group supporting flight tests, ground/lab testing, and system integration during aircraft modifications. Individual should possess the knowledge, passion, and skillset to lead a group dedicated instrumentation engineers.
The Instrumentation Engineer/Manager will be responsible for overseening engineering planning, system design, reporting, and oversight required in the selection, application, and installation design of instrumentation and data acquisition systems for use on flight test aircraft as well as lab/ground testing. He/she will prepare thorough, well-written documentation, reports, and other forms of written communication in a timely, efficient and effective manner. Will participate in and will represent the Instrumentation Group on program teams, internal meetings and customer briefings. He/she may also support other engineers in their conduct of design, sensor selection, system integration, test conduct, and data processing.
Individual will frequently interact with numerous other departments in carrying out assigned duties.
He/she will also serve on proposal teams and provide Instrumentation bids in support of new business pursuits. Sets the highest ethical standards. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field with a minimum 10 years experience.
- Position requires US Citizenship in order to obtain a US Security Clearance
- Experience with sensors/transducers and data acquisition and recording systems for both flight and ground testing.
- Knowledge of aircraft electrical/avionics systems and test equipment utilized in flight and ground test activities.
- Essential physical requirements include ability to: assist with two-person lift; work in narrow spaces; bend/kneel/lift/push/pull; use ladders; work in hot & cold environments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and effectively track a variety of assignments.
- Experience with Matlab and LabView a plus.
- Ability to work with and interact with other functional engineering disciplines, flight line, production, and quality.
- Ability to work with and interact with customers, vendors, suppliers to acquire technical support, quotes, specification, etc.
- May require travel on an as-needed basis.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as required
- Select test equipment that satisfies measurement and environmental requirements.
- Responsible for providing guidance, mentoring, and training to other employees within job area.
- Manage multiple projects with responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others' work product.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.