Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Industrial Security- CSSO 5
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20221705-82471
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Industrial Security (Contractor Special Security Officer - CSSO)
Job Code: ISP5
Job Location: Waco, TX
Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of Project Management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Makes significant improvements to systems, processes or products. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
Commensurate with the position of Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) incumbent is responsible for supporting all security related issues located at L3Harris in Waco, TX. The CSSO responsibilities include SCIF operations, Personnel Security, program support, physical security, information security, document control, badging and access control. The CSSO implements all requisite National Security directives with specific emphasis on 32 CFR Part 117 NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), and DoDM 5205.07 requirements, as applicable, and exhibits the dedication and expectation of excellence required of a seasoned security professional while working and making decisions independently without direct supervision. The CSSO works as a team player, exhibits flexibility, sets priorities, and manages customer expectations in fast-paced environment. The CSSO interacts with internal and external customers or Government security officials in performance of security duties. The incumbent is responsible for supporting and enacting all L3Harris corporate policies including the protection of L3Harris’ intellectual property.
- Education BS/BA (Bachelors) with 10 years experience in industrial security; or equivalent with experience
- Completion of an accredited/approved CSSO course.
- Completion of DCSA courses for an FSO for a holding facility, other professional accreditations and certifications.
- An active TS security clearance, with SCI eligibility.
- Experience with DoD and IC agencies proposal processes
- Must have experience utilizing DoD and IC databases, to include DISS.
- Candidate must be a self-driven and results-oriented individual capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience as a CPSO
- Knowledge in COMSEC
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skill are critical to the success of this position.
- Ensure Corporate requirements and Government Directives are met.
- Provide guidance and assistance when required to protect classified information.
- Investigating security violations and writing reports concerning such violations – as needed.
- Conduct self-inspections and participate in government industrial security assessments.
- Maintain detailed reports and Manage accurate and complete records.
- Effectively multitask multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Effectively taking action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment.
- Administer, address and complete personnel security requirements with employees regarding issues, report preparation, program security access briefings, and clearance/access maintenance for briefed employees.
- Create, administer, and track requisite annual training, initial new hire security briefing, initial security clearance briefing, and security debriefing for all cleared employees.
- Provide all required security support for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) level programs and manage operations of associated Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF’s) and Temporary Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (T-SCIF) per governing directives and program specific guidance.
- Responsible for ensuring the formulation, establishment and execution of security policy, procedures and protocols pertinent to the facility consistent with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM – 32 CFR Part 117) and Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) requirements.
- Responsible for discretion in handling and the protection of a variety of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974.
- Foster teamwork and collaborative efforts among Security group members to ensure timely completion of group project tasks and responsibilities.
- Process visit authorizations, personnel access request
- Prepare DD-254’s
- Perform duties as the Assistant CPSO.
Preferred Skills (beyond required):
- Ten (10) years experience as a Cleared Defense Contractor (CDC) working in Corporate and/or Government environments with Industrial security duties in support of Intelligence Community (IC) or Defense programs.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to ensure compliance with NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), Director of Central Intelligence directives (DCIDs) and DoDM 5205.07.
- Efficient, proactive, responsive team player with excellent written and oral communication skills; able to interface effectively with all levels of corporate management and government customers.
- Must be proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience using security management software and applications
- KMI certified
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.