Flightline Aircraft Maintenance A
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20210604-59241
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Flightline Aircraft Maintenance A
Job Code: AFSA
Job Location: Waco, TX 76705
L3Harris is actively seeking to hire numerous Flightline Aircraft Maintenance fabricators and assemblers for our facility in Waco, TX 76705. We are looking for individuals that are wanting to continue their knowledge in the aircraft maintenance industry. We offer great competitive benefits that start on day one.
The successful candidate will possess at least 2 years of experience (or equivalent, see qualifications) in aircraft flightline operations.
- Relevant experience includes removal, installation and troubleshooting aircraft systems such as flight controls, power plants, hydraulics, fuel systems, bleed air, etc., in accordance with tech manuals or other written instructions.
- Additionally, candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn, ability to comply with written policies, procedures and other instructions and ability to achieve and maintain a security clearance through the US Government.
You will demonstrate success by:
- A basic understanding of aircraft maintenance manuals
- A general knowledge of tools required to perform this job function
- Familiarity with general industry standards on quality expectations
- Knowledge of basic flightline principals and techniques
- Working from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards and/or any other authorized reference material as required to complete assigned work.
- Performing flightline operations, aircraft inspections or repairs. Sometimes in confined spaces.
- Use of company computer systems for work documentation and retrieval of production related documents.
- May substitute experience with completion of Airframe and Power plant schooling
- Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles. Requires flight line physical.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to achieve and maintain security clearance
- Must be able to read and write the English Language
- Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background, drug, & medical screening; subject to FAA requirements and random substance abuse screening.
- Must have requisite basic tools prior to starting to work; tool list will be provided. Tools must be shadowed and engraved. L-3/PID will provide the material to complete this task.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.