CNC Machine Operator
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris is actively seeking for an experienced CNC Machine Operator for our facility located in Waco, TX 76705 for a direct hire position. We offer competitive benefits and great relocation package.
- Build complex parts to comply with drawing specification.
- Perform various and routine fabrication on CNC mill, CNC punch, CNC brake press, manual mills, lathes and hand fabrication of sheet metal parts.
- Must be able to interpret drawing and build parts to tight tolerances.
- Must be able to edit and troubleshoot CNC machine code, to produce complex parts to engineering drawings, specifications, and tolerance and program software.
- Must have basic shop math skills.
- Set the high ethical standards for self and others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or GED + a minimum of 4 years of experience in CNC machine shop.
- Associate's Degree + 2 years of CNC machine shop experience.
- Requires the ability to read, interpret, and work from engineering drawings, blueprints, TPS specs, and engineering specifications.
- Familiar with the following machines: AMADA, FADAL or HAAS an asset.
- Must wear approved PPE
- Must be able to work weekends, overtime and other shifts as required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Hand-forming experience is a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.