Assoc, Technical Writing (New Grad - Waco, TX)
Waco, TexasJob ID IMS20211404-59718
What makes a successful Intern at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Associate, Technical Writer / Illustrator (New Grad - Waco, TX)
Job Code: TWP1
Job Location:Waco, TX
Support Technical Publications by producing both line art and color art to include isometric and orthographic views, wiring diagrams, fault isolation diagrams, flow charts, required for Tech Pubs Manuals. Have excellent knowledge of engineering drawings. Know how to manipulate models In Creo to produce 2D line art images. Utilize a variety of graphic files, photo images, and sketches to create illustrations. Support writers, trainers, and wiring analysts with good communication skills to ensure proper graphic output. Work under tight deadlines while maintaining high quality illustrations.
- Create illustrations for Illustrated parts breakdowns, maintenance manuals, wiring manuals, Job Guides, Training Manuals, Fault Isolation manuals, and Service Bulletins.
- Modify existing raster images and integrating images into vector graphics to create seamless illustrations Review work products for compliance to specifications and contractual requirements.
- Follow specific style guides and guidelines to meet customer requirements.
- Work within a team organization and contribute to professional discussions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g. graphics design, digital media)
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with Adobe Pro, AutoCad, Adobe Illustrator CS6, IsoDraw 7.3, and / or Creo Parametric 3.0
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio),
- Prior experience developing technical illustrations.
- Experience with software tools used to automate repetitive functions in various software products (i.e. Visual Basic macros, Adobe batch processes)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.