Lead, Business Development
Virginia; Maryland; FloridaJob ID SAS20210604-59274
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Business Development
Job Code: SAS20210604-59724
Job Location: Nashua, NH Preferred OR DC Area and Melbourne FL
The successful candidate will work effectively with senior business leadership as well as program, technical and functional entities to develop business strategy, identify and pursue new business opportunities, and interface with customers to win new programs. Business development activities will align with and support achievement of the annual operating plan and strategic growth initiatives. This position will report to the L3Harris’ Intel and Cyber Business Development organization and support L3Harris’ Tactical Missions Division’s Ground EW and Tactical ISR business areas.
As part of the business development team and in partnership with Division leadership, the successful candidate will:
- Apply a deep understanding of DoD acquisition process, prioritization, and key decision makers to identify, qualify, shape and capture opportunities aligning L3Harris capabilities with unmet customer mission needs
- Significantly contribute in the development of effective DoD aligned market growth strategies in Ground EW, CEMA, and Special communications
- Develop strategic partnerships with external organizations in the private/public sector to improve winning probability and enable business growth
- Execute capture strategy, competitive assessments, business case, and price-to-win to close new business
- Mature account and contact plans for major clients
- Travel as required to attend L3Harris, customer, and partner meetings
- Estimate and manage selling and B&P budgets to meet annual operating plan commitments
- Establish close working relationships with Division leadership
- Effectively communicate status of activities above to executive leadership
- Active SECRET clearance required
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 9 years of prior related domain experience, or a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior Business Development Experience experience
- 5+ Years' Experience collaborating actively employ resources ranging from Division to Global BD executive staff
- 5+ Years' familiarity with technologies enabling cyber electromagnetic activities, multi-function electronic warfare, and special communications including their application to USG customer missions, anticipated mission gaps, and emerging requirements
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance preferred
- Expertise in Foreign Military sales, capability gaps of international partners and familiarity with the TAA and export licensing and approval process
- Ability to develop international defense market strategies leveraging existing L3H technical capabilities
- Established relationships and a mature network for opportunity identification and teaming
- Ability to develop relationships with geographically dispersed people
- Disciplined, self-starting professional who can bring opportunities to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight
- Strong and credible communications skills, both oral and written
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.