L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is currently seeking a Software Engineer for their Victor, New York location. The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and testing a broad range of embedded firmware and desktop software applications used in VSAT satellite communications.
Designs, implements, and modifies software and embedded firmware applications.
Supports fielded software and firmware applications.
Participates in the product testing process to verify software functionality.
Performs unit and system level testing to validate design.
Other duties may be assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a bachelors degree in a related field (e.g. BSEE, BSCE, BSCS)
- Must be skilled in C, C++, and object-oriented design (OOD).
- Must be able to design, implement, and test a solution within existing code base.
- Must be able to work with reasonable supervision to plan and accomplish goals on a timely basis in a rapidly changing environment.
- Familiarity with multi-threaded architectures and 8-bit to 32-bit embedded systems development.
- Familiarity with the Linux-platform development, RF communications equipment, and IP networking is a plus.
- Familiarity with reading schematics and the ability to operate basic test equipment, such as oscilloscopes.
- Active Secret clearance desirable; ability to obtain clearance is required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a development team.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical colleagues and communicate with confidence when interacting with customers, vendors, and peers.
- Ability to maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and judgment at all times.
**This position may require overtime, weekend, holiday, and/or non-standard work hours.**
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, understand and interpret electronic schematics, drawings and documentation. Excellent communication skills required, both verbal and written.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate ratio, percent, proportions, draw and interpret graphs. Ability to use engineering mathematics to solve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk, see and hear; use hands to finger, handle and feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is that of a typical professional engineering office with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.