Vandenberg Air Force Base, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20211603-58132
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
VMWare Software Engineer
Job Code: SAS20211603-58132
Job Location:Vandenberg, CA
L3Harris has an immediate opening for a VMWare Engineer at Vandenberg AFB to design, manage, and configure VMWare, and to write scripts to support operations and test, and support overall system maintenance and troubleshooting (root cause analysis).
- Deliver and support fast-moving Agile projects and participate in SCRUM team activities to include writing epics, user stories, and tasks
- Actively participate in CONOPs review, requirements analysis/decomposition, ICDs, message mapping, and design analysis
- Deliver System/Software design and system/software performance analysis to identify opportunities, risks, strengths and gap
- Configure, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, develop, and maintain software on Unix-based and Windows operating systems
- Design, develop, and maintain Java software including code inspection, data analysis, and design documentation
- Develop of technological concepts which improve system performance and mission capabilities
- Support the project management team by producing technical briefings and communicating with the customer
- Participate in trade studies to guide selection of components to ensure requirement satisfaction. Develop/assess course of action alternatives in project development/product delivery
- Participate in meetings with the customer
- Travel < 25% for integration and test support with flexibility to travel to support customer requests
- Act as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT field with 2 years experience; or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT and 0-2 years of experience; or equivalent IT experience/military.
- Experience with vSphere, vSAN, NSX, vROPs and other VMware products and platforms to include Development/Test/Mission environments.
- Experience working experience with firewalls, servers, networks and operating systems.
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II, IAM Level II, or IASAE Level II or higher certification required – includes Security+ w/ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP, CAP, GSLC, CISM, or CSSLP – at time of hire or within 30 days
- Experience with SSN obs processing and satellite catalog maintenance.
- Experience with the integration of a new sensor into SSN operations.
- Experience with C2 center/service system or C2 application system and SSA operations.
- Experience with requirements analysis and systems/software design within projects.
- Experience writing specifications, design, ConOps, and Interface Control Documents.
- Experience with Java application development (Eclipse, GUI/ services/IPCs /network messaging).
- Experience in engineering/reverse engineering/modeling (MagicDraw or equivalent) new and existing code.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools (Git/SVN/Bitbucket).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.