Sr Specialist, Project Engineering, Subsystem Design
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Project Engineer-Electronic Subsystem Design
Job Code: SAS20202906-47133
Job Location: Van Nuys, CA
- Support the Radar and Reconnaissance Technology products
- Leadership role developing a product from design through delivery. Responsibilities will cover all life-cycle phases from proposal through disposal.
- Responsible for providing Engineering Project Management support to customer-funded programs, internal research and development and special projects.
- Responsible for successfully leading a project team to meet to meet customer requirements within allocated cost and schedule commitments in a growing business area.
- Develops, oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer.
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Assesses engineering issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Identifies, tracks, mitigates, manages, and dispositions program-level risks.
- Develops, monitors, and statuses detailed MS Project schedules.
- Uses Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reports to manage project performance.
- Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- Contribute to the development operational scenarios, and requirements for a program based on customer objectives.
- Participate in the development of the functional, architectural, and detailed designs.
- Critically evaluate system, hardware, and software designs, and ensure stakeholders are included.
- Ensure requirements compliance and verification, Review Write and execute test plans and procedures
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and assist in design solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Develops, presents, and delivers comprehensive presentations to the project team, upper management, and customer personnel in a clear and concise manner.
- Designs, modifies and evaluates a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production and release.
- Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to completion and distribution.
- Develops, plans, and manages schedules and budgets.
- Directs and monitors the product/project from initiation through completion and/or customer acceptance.
- Ensures completion of the product/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Ensures that products/projects delivered meet customer/stakeholder requirements and specifications.
- Develops, manages, and maintains all aspects of project-level risks, including mitigation, costing and planning.
- Develops statements of work for subcontractors and ensures performance of those subcontractors.
- Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with best practices for project engineering, EVMS, and program execution.
- Experience in complex, multi-discipline programs including but not limited to; optical, mechanical, electrical, systems, software, and thermal engineering with a background in space systems.
- Experience managing projects with budgets of $10M+.
- Experience in detailed design (electrical, mechanical, or software engineering).
- Experience in systems engineering and technical leadership of electronic subsystem design.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Background in RF, Radar, and/or ESM Systems is a huge plus
- PMP Certified desired
- Top secret or secret security clearance desired
- Experience working proposals
- Experience supporting government customers
- Experience in Root Cause Corrective Action process and techniques
- Experience in Risk and Opportunity Management
- Experience in Configuration and Change Management
- Requirements Analysis and Development
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Process Improvement
- Documentation Skills
- Circuit Design
- DoD and Agile Development
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.