Scientist, Advanced Concept Engineer (ACE)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Position: Scientist, Advanced Concept Engineer (ACE)
Job ID: SAS20203006-47198
Location: Van Nuys, CA
The APE will identify and/or define customers emerging needs and develop solutions to those needs. The APE will maintain a macro view of existing and emerging products and technologies. The ideal candidate will have significant experience and knowledge in the Radar Engineering field. Although not a requirement, additional knowledge of Electronic Warfare (EW) or Electronic Support Measures (ESM) systems will be considered a plus. This position will focus on breadth rather than depth and will have technical interface to customers to discover, qualify, and pursue business opportunities. Will also bring mission understanding and value-added technical solutions to the customer.
This position will focus on solving customer problems and developing architectural concepts, will be opportunity focused from pursuit through proposal, and will provide technical consultative guidance and direction for business development.
- Customer facing assignments for shaping requirements and showing L3Harris value for new business.
- Conducts research and works with appropriate departments to prepare bid analyses, reports, schedules, and quotes.
- Supports business development initiatives including creation, identification, pursuit and capture of new business.
- Develops/champions new ideas and technologies
- Solves highly complex problems with significant business impact
- Interacts internally with management and customers on significant business matters.
- Conducts briefings and technical meetings for top management and customer representatives
- Often self-initiated assignments
- Works under consultative direction for long-range strategic business objectives
- Travel domestic and international to attend tradeshows, conferences and customer meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ Years of technical program or business development related experience in a defense contracting environment or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Radar systems
- Knowledge of modern radar signals and techniques and understanding of challenges with operation in dense electromagnetic environments
- Broad technical skillset. Able to think “outside the box”
- Able to grasp new and different concepts quickly
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.