Inventory Control Specialist
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Inventory Control Clerk
Job Code: SAS20200602-40636
Job Location: Van Nuys, CA
The Inventory Management Specialist is responsible for the general maintenance and overall organization of the stockroom/warehouse areas and assist management controlling inventory. Work closely with Operations / Manufacturing departments to ensure inventory accuracy and accountability. Responsible for checking in all products and verifying the accuracy of incoming receipts. Provide immediate feedback to supervisor regarding inventory level issues & damages. Ensure all appropriate stockroom procedures are followed to minimize company loss.
- Conduct Cycle Count inventory processes to ensure accuracy and timely execution
- Schedule categories for Cycle Count inventory and maintain strict records
- Oversee and evaluate stock rotation procedures
- Maintain adequate storage for warehouse and on-site inventory
- Maintain and evaluate inventory records on a quarterly basis
- Train store staff in product dating and create procedures to eliminate loss
- Create an efficient space utilization plan
- Notify store management of shortages or other problems that could impact product availability
- Instruct store staff on proper procedures for locating and utilizing product inventory
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience;OR 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- 2+ years experience scheduling and handle local deliveries utilizing company Transportation vehicles, Truck, Cars, Flatbed.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Forklift Certified or the proven ability to operate forklifts and other material handling equipment safely.
- Truck Driving: At least 2 years’ experience
- Experience with a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Class A-CDL: At least 2 years’ experience
- Insurable driver’s license required
- Knowledge of DOT Governing Requirements for operating commercial motor vehicles
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.