Sr Spec, Sales/Account Mgmt
Job ID CS20213004-60593
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Spec, Sales Account Manager
Job Location: Southwest USA
Job Code: CS20213004-60593
- Responsible for building strong business relationships with new and existing customers in the Southwest US territory while ensuring client satisfaction and issue resolution.
- Identifies areas for strategic growth and expansion with existing client base and develops a sales strategy to prospect new accounts in the assigned vertical markets.
- Provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
- Play an integral part in maintaining and generating sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships.
- While building relationships with assigned accounts, as well as develop new accounts, team with all aspects of the customer’s organization, which includes executives, engineering, business owners, contracts, and others. Skills required to build relationships across an account include creative thinking, articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, to impact all business groups.
- Selling at the most strategic level within the account and implementing a broad sales strategy for earning customer acceptance and service implementation.
- Monitors and oversees all projects within portfolio of assigned accounts to ensure client satisfaction and issue resolution
- Expands the relationships with new and existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Achieves agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule on Professional Communications (PSPC) products, services and solutions with new and existing customers
- Utilizes capture planning process to strategically develop winning action plan for existing and new customers
- Manages opportunities in all stages of the sales funnel to include performing cost-benefits and needs analysis of existing customers
- Assists customers and internal partners in achieving quarterly and annual business goals and objectives while ensuring successful delivery of programs in a timely manner
- Completes high quality, timely and accurate communications and administrative responsibilities including but not limited to: activity and expense report submission, customer management tool updates, attending meetings, forecasting and sales plan information
- Participates on and may lead cross-functional teams to meet business objectives
- Provides updates to senior sales/operations staff of any accounts concerns, financial status or other matters as applicable
- Requires moderate travel
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Proven experience in building and sustaining strong strategic relationships at executive level
- Proven experience in consultative selling
- Strong knowledge of market competitors and market technology in transportation industry
- Proven experience in developing and executing robust sales plans
- Demonstrated ability to optimize territory growth
- Strong negotiation skills
- Industry experience in public safety communications market with knowledge of the buying and funding process of the market
- Experience with information and/or communication technologies
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to build productive business professional relationships
- Proven long-term track record of successful client relationship management and business development
- Ability to perform competitive assessments, identify attractive solution positions and articulate clear and concise value propositions
- Ability to conduct sales and product presentations and marketing activities including participation in tradeshows and conferences
- Strong process orientation and experience in selling programs such as Target Account Selling, Shipley or Miller-Heiman
- Ability to function and influence at the executive and management levels within an organization
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing business priorities while focusing on the success of the team
- Ability to manage time with minimal supervision, think strategically and act tactically in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; listening, verbal and written
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Applications
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.