Sr. Principle, Business Analyst
Job ID IMS20212704-60394
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The selected individual will be a key member of the executive staff and will work directly with the Sector President to support her core activities and coordinate other activities as they relate to the President. The person selected for this position will assist in the coordination of the President's portfolio of activities, help set his priorities, and manage key aspects of his internal and external communications. This person will also act as a liaison with other executive staff members, internal and external stakeholders. The position requires strong emotional maturity and intelligence, self-motivation, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and strong analytical skills. The work requires a high level of discretion and will involve exposure to confidential and very sensitive business and personal information.
- Work with the Sector President, in coordination with her Administrative Assistant, to set and manage complex and rapidly changing daily, weekly, and longer term strategic priorities. Monitor and manage correspondence, meeting participation and content, and other key communications including drafting, editing, and proof-reading emails, articles, presentations, and speeches where required.
- Prepare in-depth business analysis; conduct high level research efforts and render other high level strategic analysis and advice as required, including platform integration opportunities and strategies gleaned from sector business leaders and customer insights.
- Support integration of business inputs to form cohesive, meaningful executive summaries and presentations.
- Oversee and manage the flow and exchange of information, streamline interactions with key constituents and facilitate initiatives on behalf of the Sector President.
- Gather information, coordinate with the Sector President's staff, and conduct necessary research to prepare agendas for key internal and external meetings.
- Work with business and business development leadership to craft and execute coordinated customer interface plan.
- Accompany the Sector President to key internal and external meetings, prepare follow-up documents, and coordinate with staff to ensure relevant actions are taken. Manage special initiatives.
- Provide daily assistance with research questions, correspondence, and presentations.
- Requires the ability to listen to extensive discussions and provide a concise summary of all pertinent data, including all legal and historical aspects.
- Requires very strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Requires good judgment, clear thinking, and the ability to prioritize and address multiple requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong planning and financial analysis skills are required; market research experience is a plus.
- Requires superior written and oral communication skills; strong experience with Microsoft PowerPoint required.
- Position may require extensive travel, including international travel.
- Many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
Education and Experience:
- MBA or advanced technical degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience with at least three years of solid progressive supervisory/management experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.