Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Systems Engineer- Chief Engineer Space Avionics Systems-USA Remote
Job ID IMS20221309-90404
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Scientist, Systems Engineer – Chief, Systems Engineer Space Avionics Systems
Job Code: IMS20221309-90404
Job Location: Mason, OH (Cincinnati area)/USA Remote
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
The Chief Systems Engineer will be the technical leader leading driving the ideation, design, analysis, development, and integration of key aspects of our current and next generation Space Avionics that will develop, reshape and integrate our world class space avionics. This includes leading the rapid and iterative analysis, system requirements development, design, integration, test, and enhancement of our technology. This is a multi-disciplinary technical leadership role overseeing the design and testing of all Space Avionics systems including Mechanical, Electrical, RF Communications, Flight Computers, and Software. As a key member of the technology leadership team, you will leverage and expand The Company's existing core competencies, combined with industry standards and emerging technologies, to help deliver the system that meets all cost, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Serve as the definitive technical authority for all Lifecycle Management aspects of engineering on all program elements (hardware/software/support/test) and lead a multi-disciplined engineering team managing the technical performance of the program to meet technical requirements including subcontracted elements.
- Oversee and perform systems engineering activities in core areas (e.g., research, design, evaluation, testing, deployment, training) in support of programs focused on the integration of new and emerging technologies into legacy systems and the evaluation and maturation of new technologies
- Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Interface with Senior Leadership, Functional Engineering teams, Program Management, and Customers.
- Lead technical proposals, including decomposition of customer requirements into unit or system architecture/design, technical writing, technical risk management, cost estimating, etc.
- Work with Business Development on new business procurement in new and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer or related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 12 years of experience as a Systems Engineer or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years prior related experience.
- Demonstrated service as a Lead System Engineer for a minimum of two years on a medium to large program (i.e., contract value > $15M) and leading a team greater than 10 Functional Engineers.
- Demonstrated experience in the architecture, specification, design, implementation, simulation, test, verification, validation, and debugging of digital based units, systems, avionics systems, and/or control systems
- Experience using hardware description languages (VHDL or Verilog proficiency is preferred)
- Experience with digital hardware design including FPGAs, Processors, Memory, data converters, etc.
- Knowledge of military and/or NASA component specifications, design processes, and hardware test/verification procedures
- Experience with GPS and RF digital signal processing, forward error correction coding and decoding, encryption/decryption, waveforms, and data protocols in FPGAs is a plus
- Background in systems engineering and high-reliability environments
- Experience working with multiple engineering disciplines.
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Must have the ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Aerospace / Defense industry experience is preferred.
- Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance is a plus.
- Familiarity with EMI, shock, vibration, and/or thermal testing is a plus.
- Understanding of acceptance and qualification testing of military or space qualified electronics.
- Experience with Actel FPGAs is a plus
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $122,500/year MIN - $227,500/year MAX. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.