MECHANICAL ENGINEERING & Design @ L3HARRIS
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING @ L3Harris
Future Opportunities Talent Community
We are always looking for great Mechanical Engineers to join our teams – but we also understand that timing is everything.
You may not be ready to make a move, but you’re open to exploring your options. We may not have that perfect role for you right now, but we probably will at some point.
We’re planning on growing steadily over the next several years – so whether you’re looking now or later – we’ll have a great career for you to consider. Joining our Talent Community means we’ll stay in touch, keep you informed on what we’re doing, what’s happening in our industry, and connect from time to time with upcoming positions we think you’ll be interested in hearing about.
If you’re interested in exploring a truly rewarding career with us, join our Aircraft and Flight Talent Community by simply applying to this post. At L3Harris, we’ll have something for you to consider for the future.
We’re ready when you’re ready – Step. Forward.
Expertise We Look For
Admittedly, expectations on this team are high – for a reason. The complex, highly specialized programs that our government and military customers entrust to L3Harris demand it.
Our Mechanical Engineers are responsible for design of highly complex mechanical and electromechanical components from concept straight through to production. Although our work is driven by specific objectives, goals and defined boundaries, we execute our work under wide guidelines.
Mechanical Engineering at L3Harris requires the application of advanced engineering experiences requiring specialized knowledge for decidedly complex engineering assignments. Our state-of-the-art systems are renowned globally for their durability, capability and modularity. This is by no accident – our Mechanical Engineers are some of the best in the industry and are directly responsible for our success.
In addition to leading our design efforts, playing a key role in design reviews, our Mechanical Engineers frequently mentor other staff in complex design practices and development methods, as well as actively contribute to defining best practices and design objectives.
Competencies We Look For
We look for a variety of experiences and skills for our Mechanical Engineering team. If you recognize the following in your own inventory of abilities, and either have or can obtain a Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance, we would be thrilled to connect.
- Diverse design and engineering experiences
- A track-record of developing complex products from concept through to production.
- The ability understand a problem quickly, develop potential solutions and then converge on a detailed design.
- Able to effectively and efficiently convey the intent of your design concept and successfully cascade that idea for others to detail.
- Confidence and Humility, with a respect for the diverse range of skills that others have to offer.
- Open and effective communication is the only way you operate.
- While being an expert in 3D CAD, you recognize it’s merely a tool, your depth of expertise does the real work.
- You are well versed in a wide variety of manufacturing methods, but curious about new concepts and open to seeking out new solutions and experiences
- You may not be familiar with our particular systems designed for military purposes, but with core skills you’ve acquired throughout your career, you’re confident in your ability to solve new problems.
Skills We Look For
- Minimum B.Sc of Applied Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- P.Eng designation would be considered a strong asset
- Advanced knowledge of a 3D CAD system, preferably SolidWorks
- Extensive knowledge of drawing standards and mechanical design standard practices would be considered beneficial
- Extensive expertise in designing complex components that require a wide cross-section of mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to prepare and articulate detailed technical reports and specifications
- Ability to modify established methods and devise new approaches when faced with design obstacles.
- Leadership / mentoring skills
What We Can Offer You
Its fascinating work that is complex and challenging. But you’re rewarded with true work/life balance, multiple opportunities to explore other areas of the company all across the country.
There is a significant amount of dimensionality to our work here - whether its design or verification, working closely with our other Engineering, Systems or even Business Development and Proposal teams on classified military applications, to exploring new dimensions to how we design and develop our next state of the art hardware.
In July 2019 – L3 Technologies and Harris Corporation merged to become L3Harris Technologies, becoming an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator that delivers unparalleled innovation to fast-forward mission-critical solutions across all air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines, and they trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to give people confidence and security in the world ahead. As we relentlessly pursue new ideas, we know that everything we bring to market must deliver, without fail, every time.
In a world of ever-accelerating change, threat environments move fast. We move forward faster.
Step.Forward and join our Talent Community, stay in touch with us to learn about what L3Harris is like and be the first to hear about your next great career.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.