Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Program Finance
Job ID SAS20232001-95993
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Proposal Pricing Specialist
Job Code: SAS20232001-95993
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL/Remote
The purpose of this position is to work with the SAS1 financial pricing leadership in order to allow the organization to make effective decisions with regard to bid and proposal efforts. The analyst will be responsible for ensuring that proposals are created in accordance with organizational policies, customer requirements and regulatory requirements and will assist in the preparation of management review materials.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Reviews Request for Proposals (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) for specific cost requirements to assist in developing proposal pricing structure and to identify any cost and pricing concerns arising from the RFP and/or SOW.
- Assist the proposal team with creation of WBS structure that supports RFP and internal costing requirements.
- Works with all estimators on the development of cost estimates and associated basis of those estimates. Will review such cost estimates and basis of estimates (BOEs) to ensure accuracy and adequacy of the estimate and BOEs.
- Develops cost/price volume in compliance with the RFP, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Responsible for preparation of financial portion of management review materials.
- Reviews cost/price with functional leadership and senior leadership
- Support negotiating team from fact finding activities through to final contract acceptance. These activities may include such things as preparing and providing responses to fact find or audit questions, assessing cost and pricing impacts of changes (e.g., scope, rates, estimates), updating proposals for changes, etc.
- Assisting in process improvement initiatives and integration activities as necessary with focus on ensuring compliance to business systems requirements
- Support all internal and external audits
- Assisting with ad hoc requests and special projects
- Must be a proactive, self-starter but also have the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with all levels
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills and capable of multi-tasking.
- Experience with FAR and DFARS.
- Able to work with minimal day to day supervision
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- 2 - 6 years in the aerospace and government contracting industry with exhibited progression
- General understanding/knowledge of defense contractor proposal processes.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) and DFARS
- Experience working with DCAA (Defense Contract Audit Agency) & DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agency)
- Must have hands on experience in supporting of DCAA & DCMA audits and DFARS Business Systems.
- Strong computer skills
- Proven proactive, self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience utilizing communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of the organization
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills and capable of multi-tasking
- Travel to locations outside of Palm Bay Florida on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen, collaborative ability, and written communication skills
- Security Clearance a plus
- ProPricer experience a plus
- In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $82,500- $153,00 in Colorado. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $94,500- $175,500 in California. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.