Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Business Operations - Contracts
Job ID SAS20221711-93665
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Business Operations - Contracts
Job Code: SAS20221711-93665
Job Location: Remote (Washington, D.C.)
Trenchant is an elite global team of engineers and security researchers charged with building world-class computer security products.
Trenchant’s expertise is the by-product of the L3Harris acquisition of two highly-regarded information security businesses – Azimuth Security and Linchpin Labs. United under Trenchant, we are a key component of L3Harris’ Intelligence and Cyber International Division.
We are a trusted, discrete partner furnishing security products, consultancy, training, and integration services to allied security, defense, and law enforcement agencies.
As a Contracts Manager, you will perform cradle-to-grave contracts management for federal and commercial contracts. Assist in the Management of the company’s customer interface and administrative activities related to obtaining and executing prime and subcontracts for delivery of products and services.
Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of contract management. Manage large, complex contracts of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicate within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches. Make significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provide input into new products/processes and implement operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Leads proposing and negotiating contracts for the company’s products and services in prime and subcontracting environments.
- Responsible for RFP review and risk assessment, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities for assigned contracts/programs.
- Provides a proactive voice in the business process.
- Provides proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Analyzes material estimates, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness. Prepares bids and proposals.
- Prepares and conducts negotiations.
- Processes specifications, progress report, and other reports
- Ensuring compliance with federal procurement regulatory requirements and providing the primary customer interface on related issues.
- Advising management on business decisions from a contractual perspective and facilitating customer interface regarding contract performance matters.
- Providing in-house guidance and training on federal procurement regulatory matters to Program Managers, Division staff, and other stakeholders.
- Negotiating terms and conditions with both government and commercial customers.
- Acting as the primary company interface with customer contracting officers and procurement agents.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and determine priorities while working on multiple assignments.
- Utilize system to record contract awards and modifications
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Up to 25% travel may be required
- Other duties as required
- May have in-depth knowledge of project management. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- B.S. or B.A. in Business or Finance or equivalent experience.
- BA/BS in a business or related field with 7+ years of experience in contracts management, dealing with domestic and international contracts.
- 4+ Years' Experience with international and commercial contracts.
- 7+ Years' Experience with FAR, DFAR, ITAR, EAR, CAS.
- 7+ Years' Experience with using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must have a deep understanding of FAR and DFARs contracting and subcontracting regulatory guidance. Able to provide guidance to others to ensure compliance in the proposal, negotiation, administration and other contract related activities.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions with both the government and prime contractors for various contract types.
- Experience working with the DCMA, DCAA and other federal and international agencies.
- Experience with intellectual property and data rights.
- Extensive experience with Software Licensing Agreement
- Experience with Strategic Partnerships
- Self-motivating and able to manage multiple contracts with little assistance from others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Up to 25% travel may be required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active DoD clearance with current 6 year update
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Demonstrated business acumen/finance experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.