Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Internal Controls Specialist (Remote)
Job ID CHQ20222806-85308
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
This position is part of the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting Risk Management Department (ICFR RMD), reporting to the Principal Accounting Officer who reports to the Chief Financial Officer. ICFR RMD is the business-enabling department responsible for establishing and evaluating the design and effectiveness of ICFR. The role involves ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements are achieved, assessing the effectiveness of internal controls, participating in group and Corporate-level projects which aid in supporting corporate initiatives, and identifying improvements in the design of processes across the business. The Specialist will have an opportunity to work across many areas of the company and its operations, with direct exposure to senior leadership.
We are seeking a dynamic professional with experience in business process internal controls that is excited for the opportunity to join a fast-paced department within L3Harris Technologies, Inc. while building on their existing experience and make an immediate impact both within the Team and across the Company.
- Monitor L3H’s internal controls self-testing program which includes:
- Utilization of ICFR Software (AuditBoard) to track and report testing status and completion
- Review the nature, timing, extent and quality of self-testing
- Includes evaluation of division self-testing plans/test sheets to ensure risks are appropriately tested
- Assess reported audit issues/deficiencies by collaborating with various levels of Management to assist with impact assessment, implementation of recommendations and corrective actions
- Gain an understanding of various unique business processes in order to enhance testing of L3Harris’ ICFR reliance.
- Assist in enhancing the quality of internal controls self-testing program such as:
- Identify areas for improvement
- Develop and provide trainings, guidance and consultation
- Includes training self-testers to perform design and operating effectiveness testing
- Perform site visits on a rotational basis to provide in person guidance and feedback
- Develop and enhance data automation to create efficient and effective solutions
- Assist as needed with other tasks related to design of controls with business management and administration
- Work as part of an elite team to continuedly enhance the ICFR culture throughout the organization
- Ability to travel (average of 20%)
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of prior related experience in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline or 2 year post-secondary/AA Degree with 8 years of prior related experience or Graduate Degree with 2 year of prior related experience
- Experience in understanding and evaluating internal controls
- Background in internal controls and regulatory requirements such as SOX, COSO and/or PCAOB audit standards and GAAP
- Solid analytical, organizational, decision making, professional skepticism, documentation, time management and administrative skills
- Interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Desire to make a positive impact with the ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities
- Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio; experience with data visualization and automation software (Power BI, Alteryx, etc.)
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $56,000 - $104,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.